Pork Loin or Chop with Apple Cranberry Chutney
1 hr 30 min
1 hr 45 min
Convert Ingredient Measure
Pork rib roast, center loin, lean,
Black Pepper, ground
Onion, white, fresh, chopped
Apple, fresh, chopped
Craisins Cranberries, dried
166.14 g / 5.93 oz per serving.
1. Preheat oven to 325°F.
2. Slice onion & apples (place lemon juice on apples to prevent browning).
3. Place pork loin or chops into pan - sprinkle spices over top.
4. Cover pork with apples, onions, cranberries, & water.
5. Roast, uncovered, for 1 to 1 1/2 hours until tender for pork chops or 20-30 minutes per pound for pork loin roast - roast to 155°F.
6. Check pork every hour & add additional water if necessary to keep from drying out.
**2 pounds cooked roast for each 10 servings will require 2 3/4 pound raw lean pork roast to be purchased
**20 pounds cooked roast for 100 servings will require 27 pounds raw lean roast to be purchased
**Start with 1 pound raw lean pork roast or lean chops per 4 people