Brazilian Black Beans & Sausage
Convert Ingredient Measure
Kielbasa, pork & chicken
Onion, white, fresh, chopped
Bell pepper, red, fresh, chopped
Rice, brown, dry, medium grain
Black beans, canned, low sodium
205.00 g / 7.32 oz per serving.
**Can use mushrooms or green bell peppers for variety
**Can add cayenne pepper or chili powder if participants like spicy food
1. Wash & prepare vegetables; drain & rinse beans.
2. Heat oil over medium-high heat - sauté sausage & onion until onion is clear.
3. Add remaining ingredients.
4. Bring to a boil over high heat - reduce to low, cover, & simmer for 30 minutes.
5. Serve 1 cup per serving.
Food Handling :
- Wash hands immediately before engaging in food preparation and again
after engaging in any activities that contaminate the hands.
- Single gloves should be used for only one task and then discarded.
- Cook to an internal temperature of 155 F for 15 seconds.
- Hold for hot service at an internal temperature of 135 F or higher.